For today's Boredom Buster Activity, we are making a homemade toy using an empty milk jug. This is an activity the kids can make on there own if older. It does involve cutting the milk jugs, so they may need your help getting started. This is a super easy activity for which you probably have most of the required objects around the house. Here is what you are going to need:
- empty gallon milk jug washed and dried
- a plastic ball with holes in it
Here is what you will need to do:
- Cut the bottom off the milk jug as shown above
- Tie a piece of string about two to three feet in length to the handle of the milk jug
- Tie the other end through a hole in the ball
The kid can then try to swing the ball up in the air and catch it in the milk jug. The longer the string, the harder the task. You can make it even more difficult by using a 1/2 gallon jug. This is a great activity that helps with hand eye coordination, problem solving and focus and concentration. You can make a contest out of it seeing who can get the ball in the most times in a row. This would be a great activity for a birthday party or family reunion!